Digital Design department meeting 2018-03-14

Time: 12:30 - 13:30
Room: 4A14-16

Agenda

  1. General information (5 min.)
    • Faculty and PhD positions:
      -
    • Information from management, boards and councils:
      Danish Science Festival (Forskningens døgn) opens at ITU 19/4, 13-15. Minister of Science and Research Søren Pind and HKH Mary will be visiting ITU. Please be there.
      From faculty represented in councils etc ...
    • Other information:
      Office relocation almost finished. Note that we will use 5D15 for guests, 'permanent' PTL, silent space for Lab-people etc.
      GPDR process is running. Faculty will receive direct instructions later in spring. Some admin departments are doing the first steps.
      RSD. Short briefing on plan for the day (Gitte)
  2. Good news and accomplishments (5 min)
    • New research projects / grants
      Kristian Møller AIDS-fondet
      PhD student Niels Justesen has been awarded an EliteForsk travel grant of DKK 200,000 for his research in computer games and artificial intelligence
      Morten Hjelholt, 800.000 DKK EGV
    • Other stuff to celebrate
      Books: Aske Kammer: digital journalistik.
      Babies: Rune (Bjørn)
  3. Information about PURE, Peter Forsmann (10 min)




  4. APV follow-up, Christina Neumeyer (15 min)
    • Week 11: Action plan for all questions scoring below 3.5 ready
    • Week 25: Follow-up
  5. Wikit.itu.dk is closing down.
    • If you are a wiki-administrator, it is your own responsibility to make a backup of your data in the wiki. Communication Dept., IT Dept. and Personnel are looking into alternatives, and would like one representative from each department to be interviewed regarding an alternative to wikit.itu.dk. Who would like to step in?
  6. AOB

Minutes


1. General information (5 min.)

  • Faculty and PhD positions:
    -
  • Information from management, boards and councils:
    Danish Science Festival (Forskningens døgn) opens at ITU 19/4, 13-15. Minister of Science and Research Søren Pind and HKH Mary will be visiting ITU. Please be there.

Daniel invites DD people to come and join the BreakIT session, where the suitcase will be build that Søren Pind is supposed to (try to) open at the event.

  • From faculty represented in councils etc ...

- Lone is suggested as candidate for presenting Design in the FKK-network. It is a great opportunity to represent design in that board.

- Lone informs about the Digital Design Research Thing and the ongoing planning of a funding workshop Monday 9 April. This year the focus will be on the grand Solutions programme from Innovation Fund Denmark. Bettine Hauge from IFD will participate and tell about applications for the fund. More information will be send out later.

  • Other information:
    Office relocation almost finished. Note that we will use 5D15 for guests, 'permanent' PTL, silent space for Lab-people etc.
    GPDR process is running. Faculty will receive direct instructions later in spring. Some admin departments are doing the first steps.
    RSD. Short briefing on plan for the day (Gitte)

This year the ITU Research Sharing Day is divided into two separate events; a Research Sharing Day for researchers Thursday 31 May (at Comwell Copenhagen), and a Research Sharing Market in October where students and technical and administrative staff is target audience. The overall purpose of the ITU Research Sharing Day is to share and learn about your colleagues’ research and hopefully to foster more collaboration between disciplines and departments. More information will follow.

2. Good news and accomplishments (5 min)

  • New research projects / grants
    Kristian Møller AIDS-fondet

PhD student Niels Justesen has been awarded an EliteForsk travel grant of DKK 200,000 for his research in computer games and artificial intelligence.

Morten Hjelholt, 800.000 DKK EGV

Lone adds that it is worth looking out for the smaller grands.

Lea comments that she has experienced that RS has turned down the small grant applications due to the small amount – it is not cost effective.

Lone adds that it can too much of an expense if the grant is too small.

  • Other stuff to celebrate
    Books: Aske Kammer: digital journalistic: It is an Introductory textbook – what does it mean that the journalism is digital. Mainly a textbook for students – and everybody else who are interested.
  • Babies: Rune (Bjørn)

3. Information about PURE, Peter Forsmann (10 min)

See slides from Peter Forsmann.

Remember to finish the registrations in order to close the year. The harvest of publications will start soon and this will lock the year, and maybe you will not get the BFI-points before next year. It is important that ITU get access to all the data in order to get the correct information in the annual report.

Peter do not recommend to import data from Bibtex, but if you do please remember to add the meta-data as well.

Martin: I want to learn more about what you are allowed to add according to copy write rules.

Peter: Maybe we should have someone from Legal to discuss the questions regarding copy write rules.

Lone: Suggest a lunch meeting where Peter can go through the complicated cases.

DD department employees want a more detailed introduction to Pure and questions regarding copy write rules.

Erik: Would it be possible to get pre-defined templates or shortcuts to use when we register?

Peter: We have three templates we use the most – Peter offers to make a quick guide.

Laura: Two people from KU introduced the PhDs on how to register in PURE. Laura offers to send the names to Lone.

Christina: Maybe this could be relevant to all faculty at ITU not just DD?

Lone will find out if there is a cross-departmental interest in this.

4. APV follow-up, Christina Neumeyer (15 min)

See slides in mail to DD employees from Christina.

Ad 5. The four semester plan is available for DD employees and makes it possible to plan teaching and research better.

Deadline for input, adjustments, and further suggestions should be send 15 march at the latest.


Week 11: Action plan for all questions scoring below 3.5 ready

Week 25: Follow-up

5. Wikit.itu.dk is closing down.

If you are a wiki-administrator, it is your own responsibility to make a backup of your data in the wiki. Communication Dept., IT Dept. and Personnel are looking into alternatives, and would like one representative from each department to be interviewed regarding an alternative to wikit.itu.dk. Who would like to step in?
No one volunteered. Lone will participate on behalf of DD.

6. AOB

Lea: Together with Henrik from RS, I am working on the opportunity to build a consortium around Horizon2020 applications. We want to bring researchers together with SMV’s. We are planning two events: a general day and a more focused day. Would you attend? I there a need for this?

Erik: What does it mean that is it build up around a lab?

Kjell: Labs are just facilities – maybe it should be in collaboration with research groups instead?

Lone: It is a good idea to stick with the labs since they go across the departments. I think it makes sense to focus around the labs.

Torill: Unless you are working on a publication, you do not know who to reach out for. It is a good idea to make connections that you can use in the future.